The second house in horary astrology
The lord of the second house is used as the significator of a lost object. The lost item must be the personal property of the querent. If the lost item belongs to a person other than the querent, the second derivative house is used.
More generally the second house is used in every question regarding the querent's possessions, his earnings and financial resources.
This house and the zodiacal condition of its ruler should be analysed in all horary questions that could involve a financial gain (or loss).
In horary questions about lawsuits the second house signifies those who favour the querent.
- If a person will become wealthy, and how
- Questions about stolen or missing things
- Questions about one's money income (i. e. When will I get paid? Will I get paid or not?)
Second house rulerships
Part of the body: the neck, the throat
- Financial matters
- Material possessions
- Money lent
- Money markets
- the lost object (in horaries about lost objects)
- Nations's finances (in mundane astrology)
- Personal belongings
- Profits and losses
- Stock exchange